Monday, August 25, 2008

Live and Work in Canada: Alternative Application Process

Alternative process to have Permanent Resident Visa and or legally work in Canada if not eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker Class application.

1. Contact your friends or relatives who are now in Canada. Ask them to help you find a job offer by referring you to their respective employers and other contacts. They are in the best position to help you. Or if applicable, they may help you get a PR Visa through Provincial Nominee Program.

2. Maixmize the use of internet and email. Look for job vacancies in Canada that match your profile. Send your resume with a good cover letter. There are many job posting sites where you can find job vacancies in Canada. But to avoid scammers like that in the case of OMNI Hotel Scam, I suggest you look for job vacancies from Canada Job Bank, which is a government owned website. You may also want to check these Canada Jobs Online Portals that I highly recommend.

3. Once you find an employer who is willing to hire you, that employer needs to apply for Labor Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resource Social Development Canada. Your employer will then send you the LMO. There is also a chance that an employer may be willing to sponsor you through Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or process an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) for you. (LMO is for workp permit application. AEO supports a permanent resident visa application)

4. If you already have the LMO/AEO, you may now file your application for Temporary Resident Visa - Work Permit or Permanent Resident Visa at the the Visa Office near you. To check which Visa Office may handle your application, click here

No comments: